- Our mission is to nurture children in a stimulating learning environment.
- We plant seeds in the hearts & minds of little ones to grow them into life-long learners.
- Our curriculum encompasses the whole child. We stress physical, intellectual, emotional, social & spiritual development.
What We Believe
- Every child is a precious blessing from God wonderfully made for His purpose.
- Young children learn best when they explore, create, experiment, sing, dance, and play every day.
- Playful learning is essential for social & emotional development.
- The family is the child’s first and best teacher.
- Loving our neighbor and being kind to everyone is the essence of what Jesus taught.
The term “developmentally appropriate” simply means teaching based on theories of child development and the strengths and needs of young children.
Preschool-aged children are not smaller-sized elementary students. They learn differently. They need to move, explore and get their hands dirty. They learn best through play—not by sitting at a desk and completing worksheets.
To provide the best educational experience for your child, all classes are taught by two teachers.
What We Teach
Teaching young children requires a “whole child” approach. NCP strives to cover the following domains each day:
- Physical Development – How do I move my body to be healthy and have fun? How do I use scissors? How do I hold a marker or paint with a brush?
- Intellectual Development – What is this? How does this work? If I do this, what will happen?
- Emotional Development – What do I do when I miss my family? How do I express emotions appropriately? How do I try something new when I’m afraid?
- Social Development – How do I make a friend? How do I resolve conflicts at school? How do I share and take turns?
- Spiritual Development – Where did I come from? What is my purpose? Who can I turn to when life is scary?